Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Half way done!!

Well I am officially half way done my night course and let me tell you, I think that I am going to actually miss going to class.

For anyone that doesn't know (because I don't know who reads my blog so I don't know if you know what happens in our everyday lives) I have been upgrading my Biology 30 class. Unfortunately, in Highschool I had a lot of fun, especially my last semester, and well fun didn't include schoolwork, or going to class for that matter. Do I regret not trying harder in school?!? Absolutely!!!! But you can't live in the past....and it was time to get things moving along. So for the last 5 weeks I have been going to school every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights from 6:45-9:45.

I really have enjoyed my class. My professor is FABULOUS!!! She is funny, but so smart and you can tell that she REALLY enjoys being a teacher. I am also so happy I took this class when I did because my teacher has been teaching nightcourses for 9 years and so this is her last night class she'll be teaching. The other students in the class are great as well, and there are actually 2 other people from my church that are taking the class as well, so that's fun to get to know them better.

The best part of this class is that I feel like I am taking control of my life and accomplishing some of the goals that I have for myself. I REALLY want to be a nurse and this was the first step that I needed to take and it feels GREAT to finally be taking that step. Plus, my Mommy mush brain is finally being able to think again. I can actually remember things for more than a few moments, in fact I have gotten in the high 80's for my last 2 tests which is awesome when the class average for these tests were 57% and 67%.

I have A LOT of work to do in the next few weeks, 4 big assignments that are due and 3 more exams, but I can't wait. It will definately be nice to have a break from class, and to actually spend some time in the evenings with my hubby and son, but I really am going to miss going to school......oh well, I am sure I will get over it soon enough when I get into nursing and really have to go to school..hehe..

2 comments:

jessk said...

I'm so glad that you are having a good time in school and that you are doing so well. I really miss school already, and it has only been a year.

stone's eye view said...

good for you. good luck with the rest of your class

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...