Wednesday, January 3, 2007

The holiday madness is FINALLY over, back to reality!!!

Even though I absolutely LOVE Christmas and LOVE getting together with family, it sure feels great to be home. Spending almost 2 weeks away from home was easy before we had a little one but it sure is rough on Nathan. He didn't like sleeping in weird rooms and so ended up sleeping with Wayne and I every night. This would be okay if he would just lay still and sleep, but Nathan LOVES laying on my head, chest, or curled up with his feet either in my ribs or back. He also LOVES running his fingers through my hair, which has been a comfort to him since he was little, but man it drives me crazy after awhile. It is like Chinese torture, and it goes on all night. Oh well... it's fun to wake up to his cute little face in the morning and getting a stinky breath kiss from him.

We left Saskatoon on the 22nd of December to go to the farm. It was nice to spend more than one night at Brian and Charlene's and not feel like we were rushed to fit in everything that we wanted to do. We had a great time visiting with family and friends, and Nathan LOVED the attention that he got from everyone. Some of the highlights of our Christmas at the farm were playing "touch" (turn to tackle) football with the boys in snow up to our knees. Darryl, Aaron, Brian and Wayne like to tackle me and push me around but they usually do it pretty gently. Not Andrew, he pushes me and hits me just like he hits the boys, I have learnt to run away from him, but there were a few times that he took me down :) I also tackled big solid Andrew once(it was after the play was done and he wasn't expecting it, but hey I got him down so that's all I cared about) The snow felt like a nice fluffy pillow and it was fun to fall into.
We also took Nathan sledding for the first time. Wayne took him down first and then climbed back up the hill with Nathan holding onto the GT with everything he had. I then climbed on the back of the GT and took off with Nathan. Let's just say the poor little guy DID NOT like it. He gasped the whole way down, and when I asked him at the bottom if he wanted to do it again, he almost screamed "no". Hehe, maybe next year. It's kind of funny because Nathan doesn't like sledding but he LOVES the snowmobiles which are WAY faster. Daddy took him for his first ride, which he loved and cried when Daddy tried to take him off, and then Grandma and Darryl each took him.
We went with Charlene to her church (Potter's House) on Christmas Eve. It was a very nice little church, and the people were very friendly. It was really interesting going to a church that had a singer, back up singers, organ, guitar, and drums. When we first walked in we were introduced to the minister. He was holding a briefcase and Nathan said "Poper Tips" which is "Poker Chips" and pointed at the briefcase. OH MY GOODNESS, we all started laughing and quickly changed the topic. Well guess what the sermon was on that day....hehe... gambling... well not just about gambling, but when the minister started talking about how bad gambling is, we all just about busted a gut. BTW, the poker chips have been hidden away.
Christmas morning was super fun!! Nathan LOVED opening all the gifts, and when I say all the gifts I mean... ALLLLL the gifts. :) Poor Andrew was pretty put out that Nathan was getting so many gifts and not him. The best gift that Nathan got from the Shutra's was a Little Tykes car. He spent the rest of the time in that silly thing. The car has a door and Nathan was showed how to use it, nope Nathan liked to get out by sliding under the car, and get in by climbing over the door.. hehe... Maybe he will be a race car driver and not need a door that opens.
Anyways, it's late and time for bed. We had such a fun time with the Shutra's and tomorrow I will write about our adventures with the Butler B's.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...