Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Sky Screamer

What a fun weekend we had this past weekend. We, as in the Shutra's, Fieguth's(Lisa's in-laws) and some of the Butler's went to Edmonton for the weekend. We spent tons of time shopping, and eating, but the funnest part was going to the waterpark in West Ed. We got there early Saturday morning and had a blast swimming in the wave pool and racing eachother down the slides. Nathan loved playing in the waves, swimming between Grandpa, Grandma, Steven, Mommy and Lisa, and was even big enough to go down some water slides by himself which he ABSOLUTELY loved.

Even though I am pretty adventurous I was too much of a chicken and wouldn't go down the big red slide which is called the Sky Screamer. You may ask "Why is it called the Sky Screamer?" Well it is called the Sky Screamer because you are so freakin high in the sky that you want to scream. If you haven't been to the waterpark the Sky Screamer starts at the top of the building, I am not kidding it feels like you could jump and touch the roof. You have to climb up who knows how many flights of stairs, I am sure they make you do that so you are too tired once you get to the top that you decide it is better to go down the slide than to climb all the way back down.Their trick didn't work for me though. Wayne, Steven, Darryl, Andrew and I all climbed the mountain of stairs and were all challenging eachother to go down the slide. However, the more stairs you climb the higher you realize you are and the less and less you challenge the other people hoping that they won't dare you to do it, because then it's either take the dare or be known as a chicken the rest of your life.

So we all get to the top of the slide, and walk to the railing hoping that some of the screws didn't come loose and it will hold you up from falling. Of course, it holds but oh man, it feels like you are falling because your stomach is doing funky things. I being brave, walked over and looked down the slide. You are suppose to sit at the top and then wiggle yourself over the edge onto a slide that pretty much doesn't need to be there because you just freefall for the first 600 feet. Okay well it's not really 600 feet but it looks like it.

Well I didn't care what anyone else said, I was NOT GOING DOWN IT!!!! I know, I know, I am a chicken, and I am totally okay with being called that when it comes to this slide. Just for your knowledge Wayne and Andrew didn't go down this slide either. :p

Anyways, I walked back down to the other "extreme" slide, which by the way you get air while going down it, and went down this slide.

Andrew the big talker, kept saying that he was going to go down the Sky Screamer, and kept chickening out. Now to give Andrew some credit, he is TOTALLY afraid of heights. So after a few people climbing to the top with him and trying to get him to go down, my Mom the fearless, or crazy Kay decided to go down with Andrew. So they climbed up the huge amount of stairs that I am sure could get you to the top of the Empire State Building and were up there for a little while. Next thing I know, my Mom, once again let me repeat the fearless or crazy woman, sits down at the top of the slide, wiggles her bum a little and down she comes, holding onto the side for all it's worth. Once at the bottom she stayed in the pool for a little while, she informed us later it was to get the HUGE wedgie out of her bottom. You go down this slide SOOO fast that not only do you get a CRAZY wedgie but you can blow a hole in your swimsuit, if you don't believe me ask Mom.

Well my mom has been my hero for a long time but now well she is just so AWESOME!!!!

BTW, Andrew never went down the slide!!!

We had a great time, and it was so fun being with all of our families. Thanks for a great weekend everyone!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the whole shutra famiyl was there but me and it wasnt even mentioned that i was missed golly im sad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...