Saturday, February 17, 2007

We're moving!!!

Okay well we aren't moving yet, in fact we haven't even looked at our first house yet, but I have FINALLY convinced my wonderfully stubborn husband that it is time to find a new house.

For anyone that doesn't know we live in a townhouse condo which we bought before we had Nathan. It is a great house, 1100 sq. feet, 3 bedroom, 2 bath, and it is ours which is the best thing about it. I have really enjoyed living here, fixing it up, becoming GREAT friends with our neighbours, and just paying ourselves rather than paying someone else for rent.

Anyways, even though this house has been REALLY fun, it is hard living in between 2 other families, constantly worrying about our noise levels, not having a fenced in back yard, and having to deal with a condo board :( , so we are moving!!!

We were going to just look in Saskatoon but both Wayne and I have been really interested in moving to a smaller town just outside of the city called Martensville. It will literally take Wayne 5-10 minutes to get to work where as now it takes him 35 minutes in the morning and about 45 minutes in the afternoon (I hate rush hour). It would mean that we would have to drive into the city to do lot's if not most things, but there are sooo many positives with living in a small town. Some of the things that I would REALLY enjoy are huge yards, we are close enough to the city that it is very conventient to do things, but far enough out of the city to have some peace and quiet, getting a WAY bigger and newer house for the same amount as purchasing in S'toon, Nathan going to a smaller school and being able to participate in more activities. Now even though I wouldn't have admitted this when I was a teenager, I really loved growing up in a small town and I would love our kids to be able to have that experience as well.

We have definately had people advising us for both moving out of S'toon, or staying and right now I don't know what is going to happen. But I can definately say that I am SOOO excited about this decision and I can't wait to see where we end up.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...