Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I LOVE CHRISTMAS SHOPPING!!!

I really do, I love it, Wayne sure doesn't seem to appreciate my love of it as much though...hehe.. I know, I know it's not even close to Christmas yet but I wanted to get as much Christmas shopping done early as I possibly could so that it wasn't a mad dash the day before we left for Alberta.

So why do I love Christmas shopping:
1. I love going to the stores and seeing all the Christmas decorations, I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE decorating for Christmas and could set up my tree tomorrow if Wayne would allow it. I would LOVE to put all the pretty lights up on our house, but this year we are waiting till after Christmas and buying them at half the price, I know we are thrifty.

2. I love the feeling of Christmas. I love that people seem happier (it's probably because they are spending money, funny, people in January seem so cranky they must have gotten their credit card bills..tehe).

3. I LOVE Christmas music. Seriously, I play it ALL year long. Some of Nathan's favorite songs are Christmas carols, especially Jingle Bells. Some of the most Beautiful songs are Christmas songs, Oh Holy Night is my favorite.

4. I love trying to think of the "perfect" gift, this sometimes is also my nemesis because I really do try to get the "perfect" gift. I am ABSOLUTELY okay with getting a gift card as a gift for myself because I am quite picky, but I would prefer not getting one for others. I envision Christmas morning the person I bought for is given my gift, a glorious light surrounds them as they open the gift, their face is shocked and them beaming, they slow-motion run across the room and embrace me in their arms... okay, I am exagerating but I really do love it when I get the perfect gift for someone I love.

So as of now I am done shopping for all the kids (except Nathan) and now get to shop for the adults, and I am hoping to be done before December 1st. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

stone's eye view said...

lol at your desfriptopn of the getter getting your gift, you are too funny.
I love the music, too, but am not allowed to play it in the house until the end of nov :(

ec said...

lets go shopping!

i heart christmas too...1 more month til the decorations go up.

darren's magic date is the 1st of december. i envy your end of november freedom sach!

Jackie S. said...

Seriously, Wayne would make me wait till December 24th and take everything down on the 26th...he is such a grinch..hehe.

I was playing the Christmas music today while I was tidying the house and it just made me sooo happy, Wayne called and I mentioned it to him and he said that he was just ignoring it...lol.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...