Monday, January 19, 2009

Christmas Holidays cont'd.....

Boxing Day the Shutra boys always play in a Funspiel (I played one year but dangit, I'm pregnant this year so can't....ooohhh shucks...haha...not at all... I don't feel one bit sad that I'm not curling with them) Anyways, the boys love it and thought it would be fun to dress "up" or down for the day. They got some weird looks but they had a LOT of fun and I think they even won a few games.

Some pics of the hotties:
Wayne's sexy shot...note the high pants...RRAARRR!!!
Photobucket

Next up, Aaron's shot
Photobucket

Wayne and Andy talking strategy ;)
Photobucket

All the boys, trying to be cool. L-R: Grandpa Brian, Aaron, Wayne, Andrew
Photobucket

We spent a few more days at the Shutra's and then headed down to Calgary. We went to a Flames game, which Nate liked but because he was just getting over his sickness he slept through the 3rd period. We stayed at a hotel and went watersliding the next day which was soooo much fun. Went shopping for a little bit and then headed to Grandma and Grandpa Butler's house.

Again... I didn't take any pictures until the last night we were there....That is one of my goals for this year is to get more candid pictures of our family.

New Year's Eve we spent with Mom, Dad, Steven, Lisa, Ethan and the 3 of us. We hung out, ate munchies, popped poppers, counted down and then the kids went to bed. Again we played Things and had some AWESOME laughs, Dad even came and joined us (he was a party pooper at first but got sucked into the fun).

The next day we had some of my cousin's over and my grandparents and mom and dad made their AMAZING greek ribs..... ohhhhhh.... I was in HEAVEN!!! I have been craving these for months and BIG TIME hinted for them to make them. They were soooo goood.... I ate WAY too many but enjoyed EVERY single bite I took. We all ate like crazy and had a great time just hanging out. We played Things again... and were shocked at how naughty Grandpa & Grandma Great even can be!!! HEHE!!! It was funny cause my Dad kept telling me to keep it clean (meaning not to write anything dirty down for my responses)... I was being really good and then my Grandpa said something and that was the end of that.... I don't think I have EVER laughed so hard. We all had a super fun time, at least I did and I hope everyone else had fun.

We spent a few more days with mom and dad and Lisa and Steven and just had a nice relaxing time.

Ethan LOVED Nathan and would try to play with/bug him all the time. Nathan was SOOOO good and would play with Ethan, ignore him, or tell him to knock it off.... he showed me what a great big brother he is going to be.
Here are a few pictures of Ethan and Nate luvin on eachother:
Giving goodnight kisses
Photobucket

Nate's sleeping (NOT), Ethan could have stayed there all night if we had let him.
Photobucket

Ethan thought this might be more comfy
Photobucket

We had SUCH a great couple of weeks... I LOVE being with family especially during the holidays. We miss you all and wish everyone lived closer so we could see you all the time. I hope all my blogging friends had just as Fabulous of Christmas holidays as we did.

3 comments:

adrienne said...

"Things" is one of our favorite games!! We often think of people in terms of how fun they'd be to play things with! I'd love to know what your grandpa said that made you laugh so hard! I'm glad you had such a fun holidays (other than Nate being sick)!

David and Cheryl said...

Hi Jackie, I saw you mention that you updated your blog, so I thought I'd take a peek! You and your family are so cute! It sounds like you guys had quite the fun time! I hope you don't mind me peeking in every now and then! Thanks!

Jackie S. said...

Thanks guys.
Cheryl- peek any time!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...