Friday, January 23, 2009

I've been tagged!!

Theresa tagged me and I thought this one could be fun to do again.

6 things you may not know about me:

1)I HATE socks... as soon as I can I take them off, and if I could wear sandals all year long I would. I think I hate them the most because I have HOT feet, well normally I do except this pregnancy and my feet (well actually ALL of my body) are always FREEZING. My poor husband who HATES feet (seriously, HATE is probably an understatement) has to deal with me tucking them under his bum, trying to warm them up ALL night long, just trying to use his hotness :) to get warm.

2)In highschool I was on a dance team....not a cheerleader, but a dancer. I LOVED it!!! I wasn't going to try out but I am SOOOO glad I did. I met AWESOME girls, had sooo much fun training and learning the routines, performing for our basketball halftimes, performing for the college team halftime, going on a road trip to watch provincials, but mostly expanding who I was and experiencing something that I would never have done before. It was SOOOO much fun. (If any of my sweet danceteam members are snoopers on here, do you have any videos?!? I would love to see them.)

3) I LOVE to cook, but I don't really bake a whole lot (unless I am craving something specific). With cooking I love being able to throw a little of this and a little of that and coming up with something yummy. I LOVE cooking for other people, seriously, I love having people over and feeding them...if you don't leave my house STUFFED I feel like I haven't been a good hostess.

4) I once was propositioned to be a hooker. I am NOT KIDDING!!! If you don't believe me ask my mom 'cause she heard the WHOLE conversation. To make a long story short... when I was flying home from NY a guy (probably in his late 40's-50's) came up to my friends and I and started chatting us up. He got my number (Hmmmm, how did that happen???) and then about a week or so later I get this RANDOM call from this guy while I was cutting my mom's hair. I put him on speaker phone so I could keep cutting and after a while of him sucking up, saying how beautiful I was, etc. etc. he asked if I would like to move back to NY. (BTW, he knew he was on the speaker phone and he knew my mom was listening) Then he said that he would be willing to put me up in an apartment, he would pay all my expenses, including my gym membership (because I didn't need to lose weight but just to tone up.....that was his idea not mine). He told me I would get paid GREAT money... I can't remember how much but it was a LOT... uh hu... and he said that all I would have to do is when his "friends" came into town I would go with them to their functions and be their dates, look good on their arm, and keep them happy......OHHHHH OKAY!!!! I am not kidding, my mom and I sat there totally dumbfounded, mouths WIDE open, not really sure what to say. I turned him down, OBVIOUSLY, got off the phone and then my mom and I laughed so hard we were crying.... so yes, I could have been Pretty Woman!!!! HAHAHA

3) Hmmm... what else don't you guys know about me. My favorite color is pink....and my favorite color combo is pink and orange. Okay, that's boring especially after my last point.

4) I dated a LOT of guys before I met Wayne. I LOVED dating, seriously I had soooo much fun dating all the guys. I dated some pretty big losers, but I dated some pretty awesome guys too. I definately knew though when I met my husband what I wanted in a guy and what I didn't want and out of ALL the guys I dated.... Wayne was OBVIOUSLY the best choice for me... he was definately meant to be mine. He is the ying for my yang, the chocolate for my strawberries...blah blah... I kind of like the guy.

5) I always wanted a BIG family, I thought 6-8 kids would be FABULOUS!!!! My mom is from a family of 11. I have SOOOO many aunts and uncles, and the cousins.....oh there are SOOOOO many of them. I love when we all get together and I always wanted to have that. But then after having one little guy my number dropped to 4, and now I will be happy with 2. :) I am not sure if I will be done after this one. Wayne thinks we should be, but I think that is because our fertility trials are REALLY hard to go through physically and emotionally (for both of us) and I think he's just done with it all. I don't know what will happen but for now we are MORE than enjoying Nate and being pregnant and then we will see what happens after that. We're going to leave it up to Heavenly Father and I KNOW he will let us know what's best for our family.

6) I LOVE watching cooking shows... ohhh my poor husband. I don't know why I like watching them so much, maybe to get some new ideas. I could watch them all day if that wouldn't be TOTALLY not okay. My favorite is Iron Chef, and I secretly fantasize about being one of the guest judges...oh all the neat things you could eat.

Okay, well now it's time to pass this on for you to do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackie-

I remember that you and I were always barefoot... thank god for pedicures! lol

And I so remember that guy! Weird and psycho people... lol it's was so funny when you called to tell us about it though. lol

Jenn

DJ said...

This was fun to read. I learned a lot about you Jackie. That hooker story is HILARIOUS!! What a funny experience. I'm not sure why you turned it down. haha
My favorite color combo are also pink and orange.
You can cook for us anytime. I'm not so much a fan of the cooking part of being a housewife. I do it cuz I have to not cuz I want to. That's cool that you like it so much.
I always felt the same as you about no. of kids etc. Now that life has played out a lot differently than we expected I've also changed my aim on that one. Like you said--the Lord is the only one in control of that aspect of our lives. I'm so glad you are pregnant now. I hope you get more than two kids though. But definitely keep being thankful for the blessing of one and one on the way.

Theresa said...

I laughed so hard I had tears!!! SOOOOO funny!! Hooker seriously...wow what was he thinking!! lol.... Your way to hot to be a hooker!

Christal said...

okay the hooker story is way too funny! You are beautiful though. I loved reading these all so fun to learn new things about people! You are so fun. Hope your doing good ttys

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...