Thursday, October 1, 2009

Beautiful moments.

117
There are moments in my life that I WISH I could take a breath and pause everything and somehow take in every smell, movement, sight but mostly the feeling and then I'd want to breathe and to take in the next breath and start over again.
Tonight was one of those moments.
Nate & Rylan had both been put to bed but both were having troubles sleeping. I had just picked up Rylan because he was acting like he needed to burp (which he did) and then Nate asked if I would come and cuddle with him for a few minutes. In my mind I quickly debated just telling him to go to sleep or cuddle....
My heart won.
So I laid down with Rylan in between Nathan and I. Nathan was lying on my arm and had his one arm wrapped around Rylan. We layed there for a few moments and then the sweetest, most beautiful thing a Momma could see happened...
Nate's teeny tiny hand came up and his tiny little finger slowly started tracing circles on Rylan's face. I layed there and watched as the loving/sweet circles continued, and I was amazed as Rylan's eyes slowly got heavy and then closed. I quietly whispered to Nate that Rylan was sleeping and Nathan popped his head up to see for himself, which of course woke Rylan up again...hehe. I whispered that we needed to stay calm
The little finger started it's gentle circles again....this time moving down to Rylan's nose. I knew that I should put the baby to bed and get Nate to sleep but my body wouldn't move, maybe because my heart was too full. All I could do was lie there and watch as my sweet sons shared a moment with me a moment of selflessness, a moment of tenderness, a moment of love
I cried.
My head finally won over my heart and I told Nate that it was time to go to sleep he informed me that when I picked up Rylan I needed to "tickew his nose because he yikes it" I kissed Nathan goodnight and as I lifted Rylan to my chest
I tickewed his nose because he yikes it.

7 comments:

Maja said...

Awe!! That is so sweet. I love moments like that where you can feel the joy of being a mom. They don't happen often, but when it does - pure bliss! Glad you took the time to enjoy the moment, and then journal it so you would never forget.

Mackenzie Family said...

You made me cry Jackie... I love moments like that too!!!! I am so glad that you have 2 loving little boys...

Anonymous said...

I love that! So wonderful. So great you stopped to take the time. and thanks for sharing. Reminds me why sibblings are a good thing...:-)

Anonymous said...

Oh it's Ortensia

Theresa said...

seriously adorable. I love moments like those. P.S. I love your background! so cute.

Anonymous said...

Those type of moments make all the horrible, yes I said horrible, ones all worth it. Nathan has been such a good big brother. Tell him Grandma loves him for that.
Lotza luv,
Mum

Wes and Dani said...

Awww so cute. :) What a special moment. :)

Dani
craftrookie.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...