Sunday, October 4, 2009

A little yummy hint.

So I have a yummy little somethin somethin to tell ya...


SPINACH!!!!
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Well, I still like to have my "swamp" smoothies (that's what Nate named them, hey, whatever helps him to drink it I'm totally okay with it). We usually have at least 1 bag of spinach in the house (bought from Costco for less than $4/bag).
I know, I know....it's not like I am the first to figure out that it's a great idea to put veggies into things . But I get tired of having salad or cut up veggies with EVERY meal so throwing in some veggies in different places is exciting to me. I LOVE to throw some spinach in soups, scrambled eggs, quiches, stirfry (at the VERY last second, like when you are pulling the stirfry off the stove), sauces, really ANYTHING!!!
I don't really like the taste of frozen spinach...to me it has a weird taste to it, but fresh spinach is soooo yummy and it cooks down SOOOOO easily.
Tonight I made spaghetti and meat sauce and threw in 4 BIG handfuls of spinach and not only did it make the sauce look prettier but it added to the yumminess!!! :0)



2 comments:

BigCityGirlatHeart said...

I totally agree, frozen spinich tates funny... Come cook for me I miss your meals. Remember the chicken cordon bleu dinner night? lol wow, that's a keeper... good thing they didn't have hidden cameras. :D

Sharon said...

i do the same thing! it's so delish!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...