Thursday, June 5, 2008

YUMMY!!!!

So there's this big health craze going on that I have been WAY too scared to try, but today I took the plunge and boy oh boy!!!!!.........I am sure glad that I did.


What is this big scary thing you say?!?

Well it's.......



Photobucket
Green Drinks!!!!(this picture is not my drink but looks JUST like the drink I made)

Now before you run out of here screaming, hear me out.

First, I'll tell you about the health benefits of drinking these regularly, some of the benefits are:
-they contain high amounts of fiber
-they contain chlorophyl, which is very good for the blood
- they are great for immunity and help to heal diseases
-they help cleanse the body of bad toxins
- they don't contain oil or salt and only natural sugars

Plus, they taste FABULOUS!!!, they are crazy easy to make, it makes me feel sooo good that I know that I am putting good food into my body, if you call it green slime your kids might try it and then once they do they are stuck as they are sooo yummy.

So how do you make green smoothies. I made mine by taking 3 big handful of fresh spinach...yes spinach,I love the big bags from Costco ,I think it's like $4.00/bag. Now I did this in little handfuls at a time because my blender sucks, plus I added about 1/4 cup of water(only add the water once) to help it blend better and continue doing this till all the spinach was blended smooth. I then threw in chunks of fresh pineapple (about 1.5 cups) but you could totally put in as much as you want, and 2 ripe bananas (the bananas add the sweetness to the smoothie, and when they are ripe they have more antioxidants in them than unripe bananas). I blended this all together until it was smooth and then enjoyed!!!! It made a huge glass, plus a little extra for Nate. Next time I will make it early and then throw it in the fridge to chill, but I couldn't wait it was soooo good.

You can make this with any fruit or any green leafs you like and if you google green smoothis the possibilites are endless. Here's a link to some ideas:http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/mb.asp?cmd=display&thread_id=2574925

I hope you trust me and try it, I am sure you will like them, plus it's the perfect time of the year for yummy cold smoothies especially if they will help you look better in your swimsuit ;)

6 comments:

missLaura said...

Love the green smoothies. I made these all the time when I was first pregnant just incase I had low iron. They are freaky looking but you really can't even taste the spinach.

Jackie S. said...

I'm glad someone else out there that I know likes them because the last 4 people I have told have given me the nastiest looks...hehe...they are SOOO good!!What was your favorite kind Laura?

Kristen's Raw said...

Yay for Green Smoothies!!! So delicious and nutritious. They are life-changing for some people, what a difference they can make :)

Cheers,
Kristen

Anonymous said...

thats awesome i have also heard add honey if you want it a little sweeter, honey is super good for you WAY better then sugar

Jackie S. said...

Great idea Liam!!! I find the smoothie I made sweet enough but I'm sure honey would just make it that much better. I LOVE HONEY!!!!

Christal said...

yum I'm going to have to try that it actually looks so good and healthy!! Awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...