Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The verdict is in....at least for now.

So if you've been reading this blog for a while you may know my little saga with Siast and trying to get into Nursing. If you haven't been reading or forgot here's what has happened so far: In the beginning, update, update #2

So I thought everything was good, but then I received a letter in the mail... Siast is changing their requirements for entrance into the program. The "old" way was if you had the core classes and your average was above 65% then you were put on the "list", so first come first served. Well now that the Practical Nursing program is a high demand program they have changed the requirements to highest average of the core classes gets in first (which makes sense but sucks for me). At first I didn't think that was a big deal because I had all my classes, my average was good, and I had challenged my Math so I was good their too... Ummm no. Because of the new requirements the Accuplacer (the exam that I challenged my Math and was fine the old way) is no longer valid for this program and so I have to take my Math.

I found out this information too late to take my Math this semester so I just hoped and prayed that I would get in this year and not have to worry about upgrading my Math. I reapplied and was told that I would know by the end of November whether I got in or not. Well November came and went and nothing. Yesterday I called and got the person's answering machine. Uggg...waiting all day for her to return the message was horrible. Today I was going to be gone for most of the day, so first thing this morning I called the lady.

She had gotten the information from the school people for who was in or not just last week and is sending out the acceptance/didn't make it letters today. I finally just asked if I didn't get in where I am on the waiting list. She looked and said that she thinks I am in the top 15. OHHHHH MAN!!! I asked her if she thought there would be any hope that being in the top 15 I would get in this year. She said that some years a lot of people decide drop out of the course but because of the new criteria next year she doesn't expect many people to drop out this year. :o(

I'm sad, actually really sad, but at least I can now figure out what to do next. I don't want to have to upgrade my Math, I would have done that a year ago if I had known what was going to happen. Just because I haven't gotten in now doesn't mean I won't this year, but my chances are slim to none. But the most thing that makes me sad is that I have to miss a good chunk of time at night away from my boys. :0( I know that when I'm in school I will miss a lot of them, but missing them now sucks because I could have already had this class done. I know that it's worth it, and in the long run this is what is best for our family, but it just SUCKS!!!!

I know that everything happens for a reason. I really do believe this but right now it's hard to be okay with that. Oh well...tomorrow I will be registering for the Math class and hopefully I'll pass with high marks to pull my average up even higher and then I guess we will just wait and see.

If I don't get in again next year I am going to start taking some of the classes in the program like, Anatomy & Physiology and Sociology. Every one of these classes I take, if I pass, can be used to help raise my highschool average by 1%/class. So I can add a total of 6% by the time I'm done the classes that I can take beforehand. Plus, then I will be done those classes and won't have to take them once I'm in the program.

Okay, enough of my ranting... I'm feeling more at peace with this now. Now I just hope I can get into the Math nightclass.... cross your fingers for me PLEASE!!!!

9 comments:

Sharon said...

poo-poo on the new requirements! hope you get in... if it were based on personality and looks alone you'd be in. :)

Vanessa said...

So sorry it is so difficult for you. I hope it works out the best, and you get the courses you need/want.

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You re, I guess , perhaps very interested to know how one can make real money .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper partner utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://fedyxizyn.arcadepages.com/dilihih.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money

The Lawlor's said...

Good luck! I am sorry this has been such a crazy process for you. I hope everything works out.

The Coopers said...

oh that really sucks, so sorry.

really hope it all works out, i'm sure it will.

and whats with the 3rd comment, weird???

Barb said...

Sorry, Jackie. That's a bummer! But Anonymous over there has some good idea! NOT!!! I even have an email telling me that an old aunt died and left me $3000000, and I can get it out if I sent them $3000. Wanna split it with me?

Chantelle said...

well that stinks! but man you sure are one determined woman! i like that.

i hope things work out with the math class.

oh sorry that 3rd comment was also from me.


J/k.


chantelle =)

Karen said...

I hope it all works out for the best. It is so frustrating waiting and trying to get the right classes (I know I applied to nursing right before we got married, but in the end decided not to do it). good luck!

Jackie S. said...

Thanks guys!!! Especially anonymous I'll definately be doing it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...