Monday, November 17, 2008

I DID IT!!!

Well I did it!!! I passed my Accuplacer!!! I am not sure if I wrote about the Accuplacer but if you don't know what it is, it is a test that allows me to challenge my Grade 12 Math class. I was told that my Alberta Math 33 class was not good enough for Saskatchewan standards. So instead of having to retake a Math class I challenged the Accuplacer. You have to pass 3 parts of the test (there is a minimum mark to pass but I don't know what it is) , Math (which can be anything from Grade 10 Math to Advanced Grade 12 Math), Sentence Structure, and Reading Comprehension. If you pass these 3 parts then you write an essay. If I pass all 4 parts then I won't have to retake the Math class.

I took the Accuplacer about a month ago. I passed the Math part with 94%!!!! I was sooooo excited because I was REALLY worried about the Math since I hadn't taken a Math course in 10.5 years...AGGGHHH, but I totally KICKED it's butt. I got 86% (or something, I don't really remember the EXACT mark) on the Sentence Structure part. I missed the stinking Reading Comprehension by 1 MARK!!!!AHHHH. I was pretty upset. I had 1 more chance to retake the Reading Comp. part and if I didn't pass I had to retake the Math class... I know passing the English part to not take the Math part doesn't make sense, but it's what I had to do.

Last night I was trying to study the reading comp. stuff but really wasn't doing too well and was getting a little stressed. My fabulous husband gave me a beautiful blessing and I felt instant peace... I didn't know if I was going to pass, but I knew that whatever was meant to be would be.

This morning I retook the test. I got 96% on the Reading Comp..... WOO HOOO!!!!! I then had 2 hours to write the essay. I LOVE writing essays... I am a fabulous BS'er, but I haven't written an English essay in a LONG time. The topic was what Technology has helped change our country or something like that. I wrote the essay, kicked it's BOOTY and got 100%!!!! YAY!!!!

I am sooooo stinkin pumped!!!! Having passed this exam means that there is NOTHING else that I have to do to get accepted into Practical Nursing!!!! So now I just have to wait to see when I am accepted.

I have NEVER felt so strong, smart, in control and powerful in my life. I feel like I am finally taking control of MY LIFE and I have done the hard work to get to this goal and I am seriously sooooo proud of myself. I have always wanted to have an education. I am a hairdresser, and I like hairdressing... it definately wasn't what I wanted to do for the REST of my life. I want to be a nurse. I want to be able to take care of my family if something were to happen to Wayne or his job. I want to be able to teach my children about furthering their education and being able to be an example of this. There is NOTHING in this world that would make me regret being a mom, or taking these last 3 years to be with Nathan, that is BY FAR THE BEST thing I have ever done.... but it feels amazing as a woman and as ME (not Mommy) to be doing this for ME!!!! Yes, there are definately those moments when I think about all the time that I am going to have to miss with my kids because I am in school or because I am working. But I KNOW that I am doing something that will make me feel better about myself, will help me grow and be ME and doing something for myself, and in return will WONDERFULLY affect my family. I am SERIOUSLY soooo excited!!!! Can you tell??!

Everything that I have worked SOOOOO hard for these last few years are finally happening. I am soooo excited to start this new part of my life with another beautiful baby, my wonderful husband and cute little man and the start of an education that I have ALWAYS wanted.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Congratulations Jackie! That is really exciting! I also love the t-shirt in your last post. This is a really exciting time for you. Enjoy!

The Coopers said...

good for you!! ANd congrats!!!!! I am so happy for you guys, i didnt even know you were pregnant, that is so exciting!! Where have i been?? I guess our babies will be pretty close in age then.. thats fun!!!

Theresa said...

THAT is soooooooooo awesome!! as I read this I felt so motivated by you! You are such a hard worker and TOTALLY deserve the blessings that have come to pass from this! CONGRATS to you and your family!!!!

missLaura said...

YAY Jackie! I loved reading that post. It made me happy and excited for you. Your joy radiates, love it!

Jackie S. said...

Thanks guys!!! It's been a pretty great last couple of months, and I pray that it keeps being soooo amazing!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...