Monday, September 15, 2008

I HATE SIAST!!!

A little history that you might know if you've been following this blog..

I applied for the Practical Nursing program in February, I knew I wouldn't get in because I didn't have a high enough grade. I didn't get in. So then after speaking to the counsellors for quite a while I was told to speak directly to Nursing admissions. In highschool I took Math 33, which was a lower level math. However, I SPECIFICALLY asked Wendy if my Math 33 was good enough and I was told it is.

So after some serious thinking I decided to upgrade my Biology since I thought reminding myself of my science might be a good idea since I was going into that field of work. Plus, my Math mark was high so I figured I didn't need to raise it more, and I didn't want to upgrade my English...yuck I hate english..hehe.

Now to 8 weeks ago. I applied for practical nursing at both Kelsey campus and Regina (online course). I got a letter 2 weeks ago from Regina saying that they didn't have my transcript, which they were suppose to request from Kelsey campus. The admissions in Regina called admissions in Saskatoon and Saskatoon told Regina that they didn't have my transcript!!!! Ummm...hello....you do have it, you denied me in Feb... accepted me into the Biology class, you have to have my transcript. I then called Saskatoon admissions and tried to convince them that my transcript was there, I am not sure why it's not now but that's not my problem. She (the lady I was talking to) decided that the file must have been pulled by someone and not put back...I am not sure how that happens when everything is computerized but whatever. So they accepted a copy of the transcript that I have.

Okay, now please remember that the Practical nursing program is a first come first serve basis if you qualify for the program. So now I am at least 6 weeks behind other people because someone at Kelsey screwed up.

On Friday, I got a letter from Regina saying that I "do not cureently meet the regular admission criteria for the program". I was upset, but figured they must have not got my Biology mark and so yes, my average wasn't high enough. I called this morning to ask her why I didn't meet the qualifications, thinking she would say that my average was too low.....OH NO!!!!!! It's because my

MATH 33 ISN'T CLASSIFIED AS A 30 MATH!!!!!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!????!!!!!!

Because someone TOTALLY SCREWED up and told me false information, I wasted 3 months of my life (which if you have been following this blog you know that I had a hard time going to school and missing out on being with Nathan while he started his first sport). If I would have known my MATH 33 wasn't good enough I WOULDN'T HAVE UPGRADED BIOLOGY!!!! I WOULD HAVE DONE MY MATH INSTEAD!!!!! ARRRGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!

So here I am BAWLING, devastated, FURIOUS, and I don't know what to do.

I have 2 choices now.... I can either upgrade my Math(again I am going to have to waste AT LEAST 3 months, if there is even a nighttime class) and I probably will have to wait AT LEAST until next semester to do it..... or I can take the Accuplacer which is that I can pretty much prove that I am smart enough to get into the program. Yes, this sounds like the better way....however, remember I haven't been in school for 10 years, and I will be challenged on things that I should have known in highschool. So again.... I now because of the freaking admissions at Siast waste more time studying my BUTT off to do this.

ARRGGGGG!!!!!!

I am sooooooo angry!!!!!!

Seriously, can ANYTHING else go wrong in my life?!?!?!?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

a VERY simular thing happened to me at SAIT in clagary, it really blows eh

Jen said...

hey jacki hang in there! I did that same thing but about ten years ago back in high school. Mr. Leavitt (couns.) told me I didn't need math 30 for nursing. so i figured why take it!!! I dropped it and then two months later found out he was wrong. Then took math 30 by correspondence and failed. Only by 1%. I did get a conditional acceptence to nursing that year but was denied when my math mark was 49 the day nursing started. So i totally feel for you. It sucks but it is totally worth it. Good luck. Jen

Jackie S. said...

Jen and Liam- It really sucks hey!!!

Jen-I know it's all worth it and someday I'll be doing what I love... I know I will...there's just these pitfalls I have to climb out of, and maybe it's to make me prove to myself how badly I want this. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...