Wednesday, July 11, 2007

GO NATHAN GO NATHAN GO!!!!

Tonight I put Nathan in a nice warm bath and not even 5 minutes later he was yelling that he was cold and wanted out. This is NOT normal, Nathan LOVES baths, the water could be ice, his lips can be blue but he still wants to keep playing. Anyways, I told him to play for 5 more minutes while I cleaned up the upstairs. A few seconds later he says that he is cold and I said to stay in. Then he yells that he has to poop, so I RUN into the bathroom as fast as I could. He is out of the tub standing on the mat in the funniest position (holding it in) so I put him on the big boy potty and he poops!!! YEAH/ PHEW, I am glad I didn't have to catch any floaters in the tub. We do a happy dance, and Nathan goes back in the tub. Not even 2 minutes later he yells that he has to go poop again, so I run into the bathroom, (I have to admit I didn't really believe him) and put him on the potty. We sit there for a minute and then *plop* he poops again. I couldn't believe it. This time I did the happy poop song (sounds like the Dora song but the lyrics are changed to poopy things), and the happy dance.

I am SOOO impressed with him. Not only did he poop in the potty but he made the connection with the feeling that he needed to poop, telling me and then pooping in the potty. I guess we are going to get serious about this potty training stuff soon. In fact, I am going to take the potty on the trip with us, so we can pull over on the road and go poop.

So next time you see Nathan congratulate him on being a big boy and telling mommy that he had to poop and then pooping on the potty.

Good Job little buddy!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...