Sunday, August 5, 2007

So much fun!!!

That's what we have been having!!! Only 2 more sleeps until we head home and even though I will be so sad to leave I know that we are SOOO ready to be home. We have been travelling so much this summer, which has been really fun, but we are all ready to just be home and enjoy our new house (which still has a lot of work that needs to be done on it) and to get back into a routine, poor Nathan hasn't had a set bedtime for almost the whole summer. However, we really have enjoyed our time away especially being down here in Seattle. I don't know if anyone knows but Wayne has never left Canada before so this has been really fun, plus it's been a very interesting experience for him being in a REALLY BIG city. In fact, on Friday it was Wayne's day to drive and after repeating myself many times for him to make sure he got the directions to the hotel we were staying at before we left, we found ourselves REALLY lost with no directions...I can laugh about it now but it was NOT funny at the time. I am finally ready to admit that I am a control freak. I want to be in charge, or at least know what is going on, and Wayne is as stubborn as I am, just be glad that you weren't in the car with us while we were trying to find the hotel. But I am happy to say that we did find our way and we have made up...hehe. Yesterday, we went to the Children's Museum and it was FABULOUS. If anyone has kids between 2 and 10 this is the PERFECT place to go when you are in Seattle. It has all these neat areas that are like miniature places just for kids. One of Nathan's favorite rooms was the grocery store. It had tons of plastic food and boxed goods, there was a cash register, a debit card machine, phone and a scanner. It was SOOO much fun. Each room is made to be explored and things are to be touched and the more imagination that is used the better. Seriously, Wayne and I had so much fun playing with Nathan and I know that Nathan loved it too. Today we took in the Mariner's game, and even though the experience was fun, I definately like my hitting and fast paced sports, in fact I watched people in the crowd more than I watched the game. The Shutra boys will be shocked but I don't even know what the score was. We took a shuttle to the game and then decided to walk back and take in Pike Market. It was about a 1.5 mile walk to Pike Market and it wasn't what I remembered it to be, plus I was not in the mood to smell fish and that's what it smelled like. We then continued on for another probably 2 miles and finally found a restuarant that was recommended to us from the front desk girl(by the way, if you are ever in a city that you aren't familiar with, ask the front desk people where to eat because they really do know the good places). We had a FABULOUS dinner at a restaurant called 13 Coins and then made our way back to the hotel. We went for a swim tonight and have been bumming out since. In fact, it is only 10:30 here Nathan and Wayne are passed out for the night and I am going to be joining them soon.
Tomorrow we have decided to just leave early and try to find some good outlet malls and then head back up North. I am excited to go home and I am even looking forward to the heat as it has only gotten up to about 25 degrees here and I have been FREEZING!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know i am terrified she flirts with cute guys already, there will be a cute guy in a line up and she gives him that look, no joke. its hilarious but wont be funny when shes 16. I come back around the 1st of sept, we should hang out

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...