Wednesday, March 19, 2008

:) :(

Well, because I had a lot of "fun" in grade 12 and I skipped a lot of school (which is THE only thing that I regret doing in my life) I don't have a high enough average to get into the nursing program. So after a lot of procrastination I finally started calling people and I got into the Biology 30 upgrade class offered at Siast!!! YAY!!! I am very excited!! It runs from the end of April tothe end of June, but....................

it's Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights from 6:45-9:45. :( :(


:( :( :(

I am soooo sad (in fact, I am crying right now) because I will not be able to see ANY of Nathan's soccer games, and this is his first year playing. I know that it's something SOOOO petty but it's times like this that making these decisions totally SUCKS!!! AHHHHH, why couldn't it be Tuesday night instead of Monday night. I know Nathan will have so much fun playing soccer and he probably won't even notice that I'm not there, but I'll know. They only have their firsts once and I have done everything in my power to always be there for those firsts.

I am probably just a hormonal, crazy woman right now, but this really does make me feel like I am not being the "best" mom I can be.

And then I stop and think about it and I KNOW that going to school and getting a better education, learning, growing, getting stability and a backup plan for our family, doing something to better me....... well, I know that this will all help me to be the best mom , woman, wife, Jackie that I can be.

Someday, I am sure I will look back at this post and laugh at myself.......it's just soccer........ and I know that I'll have SOOOO many more chances to be at his games in the future. But still....this is another bitter/sweet moments in life, right?!?

3 comments:

missLaura said...

Oh Jackie, I hear ya! Those are the hardest decisions. Just make going to school worth it. Work your hardest!

Anonymous said...

awww sorry to hear that, i hope one day your class is cancelled so you can go to one of his soccer games!

The Johnston's said...

Good for you. It is hard to choose, but you're right, education is very important and if it's something you've always wanted to do then do it! I'd love to take a massage therapy course someday..when I'm done being fat and prego. You go girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...