Thursday, August 21, 2008

Some of my favorite websites!!!

I have a few websites (Wayne might disagree with a few though) that I LOVE to check out and I thought it might be fun to share them with you...maybe you can enjoy them too.

This first website/blog is BY FAR my favorite.... The Pioneer Woman also known as Ree is HILARIOUS. She is blunt, quirky, caring, city girl turned country wife (oh,the things she has had to learn).... I could go on and on but you just have to go and see for yourself. **Just a little warning, all dial-up users, Ree is picture happy***She has a "confessions" part which is the day to day life of the farm/family. She has a cooking section that oh my goodness....if you don't want your arteries to clog then don't bother cooking most of her recipes.....but let me warn you, they are SOOOO good.....Penne A La' Betsy is my FAVORITE....SOOO YUMMY!!! She has a photography section that teaches you photography tricks (go figure) as well as Photoshop tricks... very fun!! And she has a Home/Garden section where recently she has been showing the renos of the guest ranch house....SERIOUSLY I love this website.

Another website that I LOVE is Tip Junkie. The website is well...filled with tips. Laurie covers everything from baby showers to yummy foods (the tips are submitted by all the creative people in the world). It is filled with AWESOME tips, I seriously have found TONS of neat things, and wonderful ideas. Ohhhh... if only I had 30 hours a day...I could actually use some of these awesome tips.. someday....

A website I just found but really enjoy is Food and Garden Dailies...She has a BEAUTIFUL garden but the reason I LOVE the blog is because of all the yummy freezer meals she has. What is a freezer meal you ask?!? Well if you've ever made a meal and made a 2nd batch of it to freeze, that's a freezer meal. I LOVE making freezer meals...Another way you can do freezer meals I did a few years ago...I found about 5 recipes that could be frozen (they "looked" yummy). I bought all my ingredients (you bulk buy things and try to use the same ingredients in multiple meals, like chicken in 3 recipes, etc.). I decided I was going to really get a good bang for my buck and quadrupled all the recipes. I spent a WHOLE entire day chopping, sauteing(sp?),cooking, tasting, washing pots/pans/dishes, and making enough food to feed 100 people for a week. I froze all the food in ziploc bags, and fell in bed exhausted. A few weeks later I was ready to see the food again and took out some chicken "pocket" type things with a cream cheese/chicken filling....they were DISGUSTING!!!! Seriously...they were SOOOO gross. The other meals were just okay, and I vowed to NEVER make a recipe in bulk sizes until after I had tried them on a single meal size first. I finally have gotten the nerve to start testing recipes again and today I made twice baked potatoes and flash froze them (I'll fill you in on that one later) so we will see how they turn out after I thaw some and cook them. In the next little while I'll post some of the yummy foods that I have tested, that work and stay yummy after frozen. I love cooking like this because it's nice after a long day to be able to pull something out of the freezer, cook it and have a simple dish and no pots and pans to clean later (usually).

So these are just a few of the many websites I LOVE.... I look at quite a few friend blogs on a regular basis, and especially LOVE photography blogs but I'll save those for another day (maybe).

So leave a comment and link me to some of the websites that you like to look at... I always enjoy fun finds.

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

Jackie, thanks for sharing. It is great to find new websites, though I spend way too much time on the ones I already visit :) One blog I love, mostly because it is funny and I like her style is http://themeanestmom.blogspot.com/ Hope you have a great day!

Anonymous said...

delurking to mention a cool cookbook for "freezer meals" It's called The Big Cook - written by three women form Medicine Hat - one is a dietitian so the meals are health conscious and designed to be made in small or big amounts so you can put some in the freezer or give to friends who are sick or have new babies etc. I bought it at Shopper's Drug Mart.

Jackie S. said...

Vanessa-that blog is HILARIOUS!!! I only read a few posts but can't wait to read somemore. :) TFS.

Anonymous-thanks for coming out of lurking...I'd love to know who you are though ;) I'll have to look for that book.

stone's eye view said...

So I love the Pioneer Woman. I just look at all her pictures cooking and I feel as though I have just made a gourmet meal.

Jackie S. said...

Sachie- I can't look at her food when I'm hungry or I feel like I am sooo famished it's ridiculous...mmmm....sooo yummy!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...