Friday, September 5, 2008

Ohhhh the trial's we go through!!!

We have been going through a "phase" with Nathan that is far less than desirable. He can be soooo moody, whiny, stubborn, a total spaz, and just down right naughty, yes a 3 year old!! :) However, there are those moments when he is wonderful, loving, sweet, gentle, obedient, and just WONDERFUL, these moments aren't as common as I would like them to be though.

I have been pulling out my hair trying to figure out how to handle him, he seriously is one of THE MOST stubborn kids I have EVER met. But I FINALLY got on my knees and prayed for help. Yes, I know it should have been the first thing I did but I'm still learning. I've prayed for many other things but I just haven't thought to pray for Nathan and patience for me...again, I know, I know.

Well the funniest thing happened this morning. Nathan started screaming, fake crying, and just being ridiculous because he didn't want to sit in his carseat on the bus, too bad, this isn't one of those times you get to make the decision, sorry buddy. Lately when these moments happen I would have gotten just upset as him and would react to what he was doing, but today was different. Today I quietly/calmly said to the little boy that if he didn't stop spazing there would be no cartoons this morning once we got back home, and that he could make the choice to behave or no cartoons. Unfortunately, the little man kept freaking so no cartoons.

I think at this point he became the Tazmanian Devil...oh boy...did he really try to pull out every trick he has. So again, I informed him that if he didn't stop he was going to have to sit in his room when he got home. Again, the freaking out didn't stop....at this point I started to get angry, but I also had the thought going through my mind over and over again.... "Just take a deep breath, Take a deep breath.....all you need to do is take a deep breath." Anyone that has "dealt" with my child knows that at this point taking a deep breath is not the easiest thing to do, but that's what I did.... I took THE deepest breath I could, and do you know what???!??? I completely calmed down. Crazy hey!!!???!!! For all you perfect parents out there I know that I am behind the times but again, I am trying to learn and grow too :)

I sat there and just ignored the screaming, in fact I hummed a few hymns one being Did you think to Pray...hehe...the spazing got worse than it ever has before, and then all of a sudden it stopped. Oh the peace and quiet, and it wasn't a second too soon because I then opened the door to let my first kids on the bus.

When we got home Nate went into his room and had to miss watching his favorite cartoon, but he has been a WONDERFUL little boy this morning.

Someday, maybe when he's a teenager, I am sure I will look back and laugh, maybe, but until then I will just Remember to Pray!!!

7 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh Jackie...Perfect parents?!?! lol...I think that is an oxy moron! And somthing that my mom told me that worked with me cause apparently I was the same way...Who would have guessed! Is that no matter what you are the parent he is the child. Once Layton and I established our relationship, He has been much better.

Andy said...

I've said this many times before... whoever called it "terrible twos" was wrong because three is so much worse!! Sounds like you're doing awesome, good luck!

Tiffany said...

Jackie, I hope you don't mind me dropping by and reading your blog...you are so uplifting. I know exactly how you feel girl. Who ever thought two was terrible....they just hadn't reach 3 yet. As a mother on a three year old right now I can totally sympathize with you. Great job on being patience...oh and the power of prayer. You are a great mom...have a great night.

adrienne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
adrienne said...

Oh, I understand! 3 is TOUGH! I just read two really good articles in August's Ensign. (I don't always read it as much as I should, but this was one I was "meant" to read.) The second one really helped me. I felt really inspired to do better and pray more when it comes to parenting. (I don't know if they're working as links, but you could copy and paste the addresses.)

http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=6b8de97864a6b110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&hideNav=1

http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=6b8de97864a6b110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&hideNav=1

Christal said...

jackie I think Lauren and Nate would get along great seriously the pulling the hair out days and remembering to ask for a little more then earthly help is a great reminder! Some days eh! Great post!

Jackie S. said...

Thanks guys... it's soooo good to hear that Nate is not the only kid that acts like this...hehe... and yes, 3 is WAY worse than 2.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...