Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My little man!!!

Well today was Nate's first day of Preschool!! I woke up this morning bright and early and Nate was laying there right beside me. We cuddled for a little while and then I asked if he was ready to go to Preschool today. He said that he just wanted to stay home with me and go to Preschool on Friday...I'm sure he was a little nervous. We talked about how fun Preschool was going to be, that he was going to have a really nice teacher, that he was going to meet lot's of new friends, that there would be LOT'S of new toys to play with, and that it was going to be a lot of fun. He decided that maybe it was going to be okay and then instantly wanted me to get up and make him some pancakes. :)

Here's Nate making the pancakes (please don't mind the ugly countertops, someday they will be changed).
Photobucket Image Hosting

Nate requested "name" pancakes, which is my mom's special way to make pancakes...she use to make our inital even when I was a little kid and I was MORE than happy to carry on the tradition with Nate.
"N" for Nathan
Photobucket Image Hosting

Eating those yummy pancakes
Photobucket Image Hosting

Here's what Nate chose to have for his snack on his first day. Crackers, cheese, raisins, and apple juice...very yummy.
Photobucket Image Hosting

We then got dressed, and left for our bus run. When we got back we finished getting ready and went outside to take pictures, cause what's a first day of school without pictures :)

"P1" (I saw this idea of holding up either fingers or a sign to remember what year it was and I LOVED it)
Photobucket Image Hosting

Okay, start posing.
Photobucket Image Hosting

Quick sneeze.
Photobucket Image Hosting

Back to posing.
Photobucket Image Hosting

Photobucket Image Hosting

Then it was time to get to the school. We went in, took off Nate's shoes, put on his NEW shoes, hung up his backpack, coat and lunch kit, got his nametag, and off he went. :( I made him give me a kiss and hug goodbye, and then he left. It was SOOO awesome seeing my big boy excited to be at school.

The last peak at him and then I left.
Photobucket Image Hosting

When I picked him up he was SOOOO excited to see me and tell me all the fun they had today. They played, painted, ate snack, sat in circle time, sang songs, and then had train time. A super fun day and now he wants to know how many sleeps till Friday!!!

6 comments:

Theresa said...

Just seeing this makes me so excited for Layton.....I can't wait until next year! Horray for your Little man!

Andy said...

hooray! what a handsome little guy you have... and so grown up (kami's first day was not such a success)

oh, and i love the name pancakes! we are totally having those tomorrow!

Debbie Jo said...

Jackie - your blog is so cute! Nate is such a cutie-patootie!

Christal said...

how cute is he love the pictures they grow up way to fast eh!@!!

Tiffany said...

He is such a little stud muffin. What a cutie pie. How old is he now Jackie 4? I am wanting to get my little guy Hunter in preschool but he doesn't make the cut off many places which is too bad.

The name pancakes are darling, great job girl.

Jackie S. said...

Awww!!! Thanks guys!!! Yes, he has grown up WAY too fast. He's 3 going on 16.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...