Monday, November 20, 2006

The Nightmares have begun.

Well Nathan is officially a toddler, as the nightmares have begun. Last night on our drive back from Wayne's Mom and Dads, Nathan would fall asleep and then wake up screaming and in a panic. Once Wayne got him calmed down Nathan would tell Wayne "Tary (scary) Daddy, Tary" Wayne would ask what was scary and Nathan would say "Daddy Tary, Tubbies(teletubies which I think all of us would agree are scary) Tary, Mommy Tary, Darryl Tary, etc etc." At first it made me feel bad but then I realized that he is probably just dreaming and doesn't realize what's going on. I am not looking forward to this new phase that we get to go through and being woken up at nights again.

Karalee(my sister) got a new job which she will be working from 8 am-4pm, Monday-Friday. We are pretty excited since she was working many different times even till 10pm, and weekends, and it was hard on little Iliegh being apart from her mom so much. I have been watching Iliegh for Karalee, and having our nights and weekends to ourselves will be nice again too. Not saying that I don't love Iliegh to death but it is hard having 2 kids under 3 in the house. It's been really good for Karalee to move back here. She has been living with my parents since she had Iliegh but decided that it was time for her and Iliegh to become their own family. Karalee is such a strong, courageous woman. She has kept her head up high while going through all these hard times and I have been really proud of her. It has been really neat watching her grow up, and seeing what an amazing mom she is. I am amazed at what she is doing, because I can't imagine being a single Mom, it is hard enough being married and having a kid. But she always seems to be keeping her cool. What a woman.

Only 36 days till Christmas... .woo hoo I can't wait. We have drawn names already for gifts and I have... haha, you thought I would tell didn't you, well you will just have to wait and see. I have some really good ideas in mind of what I am going to give everyone. I love Christmas time. I love the smells, the lights, the music, the madness, the buying gifts, but mostly I love that it is a special time to remember our Savior Jesus Christ. I hope that in all the madness that is happening this Christmas that everyone can make a special effort to remember Jesus's birth.

2 comments:

Bethlehem said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bethlehem said...

Only 32 shoplifting days until Christmas.... that was the title of our Sociology class last night... it is one way to look at the excitement of the season.
I have two things to say...
1. any parent that allows their kids to watch the teletubbies deserves to deal with nightmares... I have no sympathy for you there, but I think that it is funny that the teletubbies are haunting him... teletubbies are evil... so is barney for that matter.
2. I agree with you about Karalee. I think that she is a great sister and I love her and am proud of her.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...