Thursday, January 24, 2008

I must be having a crazy moment but.....

I have decided that I need to be honest with myself and I need to change my lifestyle because I want to be around for a LONG LONG time!!! Sooooo..... it's time to come clean about my weight.... (insert blood curdling scream here) hehe

Actually, I don't really mind telling people how much I weigh but I have been feeling lately that if I write it down then maybe I will actually be committed to the change. I was a "normal" size in highschool, I was a loose size 8, maybe 140lbs at my biggest and just healthy. I was in dance, I played sports (for fun), and was just a LOT more active. Then I graduated and the pesky fat cells started showing up.

I know that it's because my lifestyle TOTALLY changed, I wasn't doing any(or very little) physical activity, I went through some pretty bad relationships and I totally became an emotional eater.

Well, for probably 8 years I have not been any smaller than a size 10, and I haven't weighed anything less than 169lbs. I have been in a little bubble, at first I didn't really realize how big I had gotten, in my mind I was still a skinny girl. What a shock it was when I saw a picture of myself that showed my whole body and I realized that I wasn't as small as I thought I was.

Last year I decided it was time to make a change, I started going to Weight Watchers and I lost 15lbs which felt FABULOUS!!! Then I thought I was pregnant, quit, found out I wasn't pregnant, started the emotional eating again, and well before I knew it I was at my all time high of 199lbs.
When I stood on the scale and realized how much I weighed I just cried. Not only because I was so "fat" but because I want to be around for a long time, and I don't want to put unnecassary stress on my body.

199lbs.... that's 1 freakin pound away from 200!!!! Oh my goodness.... this was my breaking point!!!! I am tired of food controlling my life, I am tired of being sick because of eating fatty food, I am SOOOO tired of feeling tired all the time, I am tired of not being able to chase my son around the house for very long before I am out of breath, I am tired of being fat!!!! I was thinking about how much weight I have put on since highschool and it's like carrying around 6-10lb bags of potatoes all day and night!!! Or like carrying around 2 Nathan's all day, no wonder I am sooo tired all the time.

So, I decided to take control of my life. Food is not going to control me anymore, and let me tell you I am enjoying eating SOOOO much more than I ever have. I am enjoying the "real" taste of food and not the greasy, creamy, processed taste of food.

I have replaced white bread, with whole/multi grain bread, white pasta with whole wheat pasta, white rice with brown rice and let me tell you, the whole grain/brown stuff is WAY better, it actually has flavor. Instead of eating out 1-3 times a week, we now only eat out 1-3 times a month(except this last week). We don't bring the "bad" food into our home very often and if it's there I send it to work with Wayne ASAP!!!

I got down to 184 lbs on my own but kind of plateaued so I decided that it was time to go back to Weight Watchers, and I am proud to say that I have already lost another 5lbs. I am now down to 179 lbs, and excited about losing more. I am already feeling fabulous about myself. I love that I am starting to get a "poopsack" in my pants again, I love that I have moved down 3 knotches on my belt, I love that my skin looks better, but what I love the most is that I am in control of ME!!!! YEAH!!!!

So next time you see me, you will be seeing less of me, and I am SOOOO excited about that!!!

9 comments:

stone's eye view said...

you go girl!

adrienne said...

Good for you!!! It's hard to change your lifestyle. I'm not looking forward to trying to lose weight after this next baby. My mom and sister both did weight watchers and I've done it unofficially and I think it's great because it's not about depriving yourself, but more about a healthy lifestyle. I'll cheer you on!!!

Anonymous said...

congrats! I am such an emotional eater as well. keep up the good work, Weight Watchers is amazing!

Jackie S. said...

Thanks guys!!!It's so good having friends cheering you on as well. I LOVE Weight Watchers, like Adrienne said, it's about still enjoying "yummy" food, but just having it in smaller portions and not as often. I was going to do a booty shake but I am losing my booty :)!!!

Anonymous said...

Good for you Jackie. It is amazing what a difference food can make. It is true though, when you eat crap you feel like crap.
I have an awesome whole wheat bread machine recipe if you have a bread machine.
I will send a loaf for you with Woody to hockey next week. Don't let Wayne put it in his hockey bag though...blah!

Andy said...

Good for you! I wish I could be as motivated! I'm thinking of trying W.W. after this baby since it is the last one... I might as well do something about my weight. Oh, and for the record... I think that you ALWAYS look great.

Vanessa said...

Jackie! Good for you for making those changes that are so difficult at time! Good luck! I wish I was as motivated.

Jackie S. said...

Thanks again guys!!! You ladies rock!!!

Laura-I would LOVE to get that recipe from you, and hopefully the guys in the change room don't eat up the bread ;)

Andy- Thanks babe, WW is Awesome, you can still eat the stuff you like, but you just learn to eat it properly. Plus, it helps make you aware of how "bad" some food really is.

Vanessa-Thanks, the motivation definately comes and goes from day to day!!

The Coopers said...

Hey good for you for wanting to get healthier.. and for having a great attitude.. You Go Girl!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...