Friday, April 11, 2008

YAY Nathan!!!

This is TOTALLY a Mommy brag post but I don't care.

So Nathan has been potty trained for a few months now and we have only had a few accidents, which happened because he was too busy playing. It's been fabulous!!! I hardly ever even mention potty time anymore, I'll be busy doing something and I'll hear Nathan flush and then he'll yell for me to help him wash his hands, lately he's been trying to convince us he doesn't need to though.

Anyways, as any parents know pull-ups are expensive and I hate throwing them away unless they have been wet in, because I HATE adding needlessly to the landfill problem. Nathan has only been wearing pull-ups to bed and he hasn't been wet for I don't even remember how long. So we have been reusing the pull-ups, is that gross, I don't know, he only wears them at night and he's usually had a bath just before he puts them on so really he's clean right?!? Well, I'll keep telling myself that. :)

For the last couple of weeks I have been debating whether to try not wearing pullups or not and last night we took the plunge. You should have seen W's face when Nathan told him that he didn't have on a pullup...hehe...it was a TOTAL look of dread. :)

Nathan slept last night for the first time without a pull-up and he did AWESOME, he was dry this morning!!! YAY!!!! We have a plastic sheet on his bed, but Nathan ended up on our floor at 6 this morning and yes the thought crossed my mind to get a garbage bag and put it under him. Then I figured we would just have to rip out this stupid carpet if he peed on it, so then I smiled, handed Nathan a big drink(just kidding), and fell back asleep.

Thanks for making it this far, this is one of those moments that only mean the world to Mommy and Daddy but it's worth remembering.

4 comments:

missLaura said...

That is awesome Jackie! Hooray for Nathan, what a big boy!

Jackie S. said...

LAURA!!!! You are not suppose to be reading this blog.....you are suppose to be having that baby!!! :)

Anonymous said...

That's Great Jackie, I heard boy's are alittle harder to train....Navy has been poop trained since she was 18mon. and 2weeks ago I cut her off pull ups cold turkey and she has'nt wet the bed once!!!! little panties and undies are so cute eh.

Hey how is ww's going?? we have a couple in our ward who is doing it together and they have lost 30lbs each! Well I hope all is well :)

chantelle

adrienne said...

Don't worry- We reuse pull-ups, too!! M hadn't gone at night at all since we started potty training, but we used pull-ups just in case. We did a few nights without and she stayed dry. When we started staying at D's parents' I put her in them at night again. Then one night, we were out of pull ups but since she hasn't gone AT ALL at night we figured it would be okay. Sure enough, the only time she wet the bed was without a pull-up in one of the big nice beds here at her grandma's! So she's back in pull-ups at night as long as we're here!!
Way to go, Nathan!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...