Sunday, November 30, 2008

My little date!!!

This little boy is such a sweetheart.

Photobucket

Last night Wayne went to play hockey and so I decided it would be a good night to go on a date with Nate. I told Nate that he was taking me on a date and as we were driving into the city I asked him if he was going to pay for supper. He said he couldn't because he didn't have money. I reminded him that he had a full piggy bank of money (obviously I was just teasing him). He said he couldn't use that money because he was saving it to buy some games. I asked him if he would ever take me out for supper and pay. He said "I will Mommy, I will buy some games with my money in my bank and then save up for 2 more games and a supper for you, is that okay mommy?" It was soooo sweet. I told him for now he didn't have to worry about paying and mommy would cover the cost (I did let him give the waiter the card and push the buttons for debit, he even gave the waiter a BIG tip).

It was nice going out with JUST Nathan and being able to spend time focused just on him. We had a VERY good conversation about Ninja Turtles, Bolt, Preschool, fries and everything that was important to him and I enjoyed every minute with my little stud. Nathan felt it was important that he sit beside me and he kept kissing and hugging me and telling me how much he loves me.... what a date hey?!?

After supper we went to Toy's R Us and were there for over an hour. Normally I just rush through the store and only let him look at a few things, this time I just waited while he looked and touched EVERYTHING. I enjoyed watching his excitement and played with a few things too.

I feel like day to day I get so caught up in getting the house clean, making meals, my job, rushing....rushing.... rushing that I forget to just slow down and enjoy this CRAZY fast changing time with my son. I want to stop and actually LISTEN to what he is saying to me, not just say "Uh huh" as I am running around doing things. He changes everyday and I feel like I am missing out on soooo much with him and I spend 24 hours a day with him. So it's become my personal goal to stop what I am doing and just listen, play or do what my son NEEDS because I don't want to look back in 20 years and only remember having a clean house and good food, and not able to remember what Nathan liked at 3, what his interests were, what a great kid he really is.

Last night was a WONDERFUL night and I think that Nathan and I are going to make Date night a regular thing.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

What a good idea. I know I too get way too wrapped up in everyday life and don't focus on my children the way I should. Sounds like fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...