Friday, November 21, 2008

Thanks Andy!!!

Writing a blog can be intimidating sometimes. There are lot's of different things that run through my head during the day and most times I can't think of the "perfect" way to write it so I don't. Andy really inspired me to just put it out there, so I will.

First off I want to say a HUGE thankyou for all the support and love that you have all shown me, but especially over the last week. It's amazing how so many people come out of the woodworks to show their support and show that they care and have been hoping for my happiness.

Also, Nathan and I have spent the last 3 years at home and he has never been to daycare, other than nursery and playdates he didn't get a lot of socialization with other kids. I think as a mom you always wonder if you are doing what is right for your child, and Wayne and I made the decision years ago that I would stay home with our kids if at all possible. However, I've wondered if sometimes it would be good for him to be in a daycare setting every once in a while to get used to dealing with other kids. I wasn't sure how Nate would do in Preschool since he can definately be bossy and stubborn. However, I talked with his teacher this week and she said that he is such a wonderful little boy (which I already knew), that he is very mature and smart (again, I totally knew this...hehe.). I asked her about how he acts with the other kids, is he bossy, aggressive... she said not at all. That he is the PERFECT combination of passive and aggressive...he doesn't let kids push him around, but he isn't mean. PHEW... that is EXACTLY what I wanted to hear. I am okay if Nate isn't the smartest person out there, I am okay if he wants to grow up to be a doctor or a hairdresser, I'm okay with him being ANYTHING but what I want is for Nathan to be a "strong" person. I don't want him to be mean or a bully, but I want him to stand up for himself and not put up with crap from people that are being bully's. I want him to know who HE is and be okay with that. Even though I know that Nathan is a GREAT kid it's nice to hear it from someone that is impartial. Plus, Nate was soooo proud of himself that his teacher said nice things about him, he kept telling me he is so smart...haha....ya, your smart buddy and cocky!! :)

I looked at a chinese gender prediction calendar today....okay, I actually looked at 4 different ones, and 3 out of the 4 said I am having a boy...but 1 out of 4 said I'm having a girl...hmmmm.... I wonder what it will be. I also tried the wedding ring swinging over your tummy thing. If it swings back and forth it's a girl, if it swings in circles it's a boy.....My ring would only swing back and forth even when I tried to swing it in a circle it would instantly go back to back and forth. Of course, I think it would be a LOT of fun if I had a girl, because hello, girl stuff is WAY cuter than boy stuff. But I will be happy with ANY gender of baby that I get... seriously, I just pray for a healthy baby, that's all that really matters right. Oh and just to let you know, I feel like it's a boy, in fact the other day I was talking to my mom and I said something about the boys going to daycare when I am working again. I caught myself and changed it to boy and girl but boys is what usually slips out of my mouth and what is in my mind. I KNEW that Nate was a boy (we could never see through ultrasound, I just always thought of him as a boy). We want to find out what this baby is, Wayne and I both don't really like surprises so why wait?If we can't find out, oh well, we will know in 6 months...hehe. Do you think it's lame that I already bought a few girl outfits though?!? I figure I can give them away as baby gifts if it's a boy again. :)

Hmmm... Oh man, I think there was more that I wanted to talk about but the mommy mush brain is coming back and I can't remember what it is. ;)

Oh well... I'll do more posts that I just put it out there... great idea Andy.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Great for Andy!! This is usally how I write my blog..it has become my journal that people can read...just random thoughts and stories of the day or week. I love it!! Yours sounds like how you talk. ITs great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...