Friday, June 6, 2008

I'm on a roll!!

So I'm copying Christal again but I thought it would be fun to have Friday be Favorite Things Friday!!!

I was looking through some quotes the other day and came across this quote :

Live like noone else, so someday you can live like noone else.

I REALLY needed to read this quote especially lately. Wayne and I are VERY blessed to live a very comfortable life, however, we live within our means. My biggest thing lately is I really WANT new furniture for our basement. We have some passed down, old, ugly, ripped fabric, stuffing falling out coaches downstairs that we got shortly after we got married, and have really appreciated for the last 5 years. Everytime I go downstairs though I cringe, I really hate the couches, but right now buying ourselves new couches is not in the budget. Yes, we could go and get credit from a store and "buy" the furniture but Wayne and I both intensely feel that we don't want to go into debt about our wants. This is SOOOOO hard though. I see soooo many people around us that have beautiful house, beautiful furniture, perfect clothes, fake nails, etc. etc. and I would LLLLOOOVVVEEEE to have all these things but that is totally my natural man/woman coming out in me. Don't get me wrong, I do feel that it is important to have the nice things in life but I also think it's important to have savings, have security, have investments, invest in Nate's schooling, and be debt free. We chose to lose an income so that I could stay home with my son, and we had to make some changes in our lifestyle but there is nothing better than knowing that we were able to do it and I am doing what I have ALWAYS really wanted to do. So yes, we are living like noone else (or at least not like the majority of people in the world) so that someday we can live like noone else.

Okay, now that my rant is over there are some things that I really do covet and someday when I am finished school and working again maybe, just maybe I can splurge a little bit. :)

Oh be still my beating heart!!! When I decided to do this Favorite Things Friday list I knew INSTANTLY what my first thing would be. AMY BUTLER FABRIC!!!! I am IN LOVE with beautiful fabrics!!! I have been coveting Amy Butler fabric for the last...oh I don't know...5 years 6 weeks and 2 days....hehe...just kidding but I really do LOVE her fabric. The colors are always SOOO BEAUTIFUL!!! the fabric feels top notch quality, I just really love the fabric. However, this is one of those things that right now is a TOTAL WANT not a need as this fabric is quite a bit more expensive than the fabric I normally buy. I have SOOOO many ideas in my mind about the beautiful things I could make with all this fabric, if I have a baby girl, this want maybe become a need....hehe... Here are just a few samples of her gorgeous fabric, if you want to see more you can google Amy Butler.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

This is another want that I haven't fulfilled yet, but this is something that I really really might have to save all my pennies to get...hehe. The other day I saw a lady at Costco wearing this and I fell in love with it instantly. It's a lululemon jacket, looks pretty normal in the front but in the back is a beautiful little ruffle detail midback (I can't copy the pic, but here's the link:http://www.lululemon.com/products/womens/tops/jackets_vests/glamorous%20jacket). I LOVE the back and again this is on the top of my favorite list!! :)
Photobucket

Now some of my favorite things that I actually do own :)

I have eczema and if I am in soapy water, or anything that has chemicals in it too long the eczema really flairs up. I have tried for years and years to find a handsoap that doesn't kill my hands and Fruits & Passion's Cucina handsoap (I LOVE the lime zest & cypress fragrance, it's green) this is the first soap that works, doesn't react with my skin, it contains olive oil which leaves my hands soooo soft, and smells INCREDIBLE.
Photobucket

I stopped in the Adidas Outlet store a few weeks ago looking for shoes for Nate and found some super cute shoes for myself. They look very similar to this pair but my stripes are green and blue plaid.....I LOVE THEM!!!!
Photobucket

Well, Nate's up now so I should skadoodle!!

1 comment:

Christal said...

I love your favorite things those shoes are so dang cute!! And the fabric is so nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...