Monday, April 27, 2009

Baby #2

This pregnancy has been quite challenging but SUCH an incredible blessing.... our little miracle baby. Sometimes I forget what we had to go through to get to this point and last night as I layed in bed feeling horrible(sick) I started to think about how grateful I REALLY am. I am soooo grateful to be pregnant, to be growing this sweet little angel in my tummy, and to have this opportunity to bring another little spirit into this world....thankyou sooo much Heavenly Father.



Since we are quickly running out of time before this baby will be joining our family and the craziness REALLY begins, I thought I would write down some things that I have enjoyed/not enjoyed this last 9 months.



Enjoyed:

-feeling the baby moving in my tummy, I LOVE all the movements, the twitches, the stretching, the rolling, the hiccups

-actually being able to feel the little "parts" of the baby, tonight I felt the toes and OF COURSE had to tickle them, which caused the baby to pull back and then kick me super hard..hehe. I have felt my fair share of elbows, knees, bum, head, fingers tickling, back, everything and I love playing guess that part.

-seeing the baby at the ultrasounds from the first one that just was a blob and heartbeat(oh how BEAUTIFUL that heartbeat was that day). We actually have our last one (hopefully) on Thursday and I can't wait to see how big baby is going to be, and just the changes it's gone through over the last few months...plus, we are hoping to find out (finally) what gender the baby is going to be.

-talking with the baby... I LOVE to talk to the baby, ask it when the heck it's coming out, tell it how my day is going, tell it how excited I am for baby to meet it's big brother, sing to it, anything that I feel like saying to baby

-going through this experience with Nathan. It was wonderful to go through my 1st pregnancy with Wayne but there is something so special about experiencing it with my son and husband. Nate has been soooo cool through this whole thing. He has understood that at times Mommy just feels like crap and needs to lay on the couch or in bed for a while. He knows that a baby is in my tummy and he already loves this baby so much. He LOVES to give baby hugs and kisses, and most nights/naptimes when we are reading, he wants to cuddle with "baby"/my belly. He LOVES feeling the baby move and comes up with the most funny reasons why baby is squirming, like baby wants a cookie, or baby says it needs to go pee..etc...hehe. His attention/noticing other people's baby has been amazing to me... he always wants to hold the babies and when holding his cousin Farrish last week I loved watching him stroke her hair, hold her hand, kiss her, he was just soooo wonderful and it made me soooo excited to see how he is going to be with HIS own baby.

-the attitude/personality this baby already has. This baby knows what it wants already and wants it NOW. If baby wants it's back/butt rubbed it will push out like crazy till I finally rub it, and once I do and baby is satisfied then it relaxes. But when it doesn't want to be touched the feet start kicking and baby lets me know FOR SURE that it's done, and if I don't stop then the feet move up to the ribs and that's the end of that...hehe. It will be interesting to see if this baby comes out being a fiesty one from the get go...oh dear to have 2 kids that are sooo strong-willed...ai, ai, ai.

-other than being sick I've been really quite comfy...there's been the pain here and there but for the most part I have been truly blessed to be in very little pain.

Don't enjoy:

-The WORST part of this pregnancy has definately been the feeling sick almost ALL the time. These last few weeks have been really bad as I haven't been able to sleep because I've been so nauseous and puky.

-People asking me if I am SURE that it's not twins...thankyou, I really appreciate you hinting that I am HUGE!!! Oh wait, I am huge (I'm measuring 3 weeks bigger than I am), but still I don't want to hear it.

-Getting stuck in bed. You know the times when you've been laying in one position and the big belly just won't get out of the way?!?! No? Oh.... well, Nate has had to push me a few times to help me get some momentum to get up.

-Swelling....oh my. When my sister Lisa was pregnant over the summer she swelled up SOOO much and I felt so sorry for her, then I got pregnant and I guess it was my turn. It is amazing to see my little hands looking like balls with sausages on the ends, and my feet, oh boy, they are sooo big sometimes that the ONLY shoes that fit are my flip-flops...this wasn't a good thing when there was still snow on the ground.

-the knowledge that this baby HAS to come out and the memory of how it's going to feel/happen. I definatley am not uncomfortable enough yet because I am NOT ready to give birth. Nathan has been really interested in this process, and we've been able to have some good talks about where babies REALLY are in my tummy and how they really come out. The other day he said "Mommy, the baby is going to come out of your vagina, right?" I said." Yep." He said, "Oh man, that's going to hurt!!" Yes, little buddy, it really is...hehe.

-feeling like someone has kicked me between the legs every once in a while...not a fun feeling.

-knowing that this is coming to a quick end and this could very possibly be the last time I am ever pregnant again. This is probably THE biggest reasons why I don't want this baby to come yet, I would LOVE to be pregnant forever.

-not being able to do everything I want to physically, including walking more than a few feet at a decent pace....I can't wait to get my body back.

Less than 5 weeks to go, I am EXTREMELY excited to finally meet this little creature that has been boarding in my tummy for the last 8 months.

1 comment:

Maja said...

Great post Jackie!! And good summary - I think you nailed it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...