Friday, April 24, 2009

My dear sweet husband came home tonight with this:

Photobucket

I have been wanting one for SOOOO long and Wayne was able to get this one which is 6 quarts....WOOHOOO... I would have been happy with a 4.5 quart one.

Of course, I HAD to play with my new toy tonight and made my favorite cookies, and I would love to share the recipe with everyone.

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

5 cups blended oatmeal
2 cups butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
4 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
3 cups chocolate chips
1-8pz. Hershey bar (grated)
3 cups chopped nuts, or 1.5 cups nuts and 1.5 cups coconut(this is what I normally do)

Measure oatmeal and blend in blender till fine powder. Cream butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Add chocolate chips, Hershey bar and nuts/coconut. Place on cookie sheets (I usually do tbsp size). Bake for 10 minutes or till just turning brown @ 375.

I have made these with M&M's thrown in as well and they were yummy too.

5 comments:

Theresa said...

yum yum yum!! definatly going to try it!@! I love a good mix master..... congrats! may it bring you yummy things to come!

Barb said...

Wish I were close so you could share with me. :) Thanks for the recipe..sounds so yummy. You know that I love chocolate!!!

The Coopers said...

LUCKY! I really want one soso bad too, but then i would make cookies even more and that might not ne such a good thing..

Jacob - Gamestaff Staffords said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Krymsen said...

Smart Man...Keep mommy happy and the cookies/muffins/ etc will come!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...