Sunday, April 19, 2009

Friends, no Angels!!!

Remember these guys?!?!

Photobucket

No? Well they have been our angels the last little while.

Wayne and I decided that we wanted to do some renos before baby comes. Great idea right??? WRONG... I am 8+ months pregnant and really relatively useless when it comes to do heavy lifting or ANY of the things that we need to do. So a few weeks ago these guys...
Photobucket
came over and helped my sweet husband get rid of our ugly furniture (I'll post pictures later on, once all the renos are done) and move all of our family room and play room stuff up into our upstairs living room and Nate's room... not fun but needed to be done so we could start with the "real" work (and I say we VERY lightly).

This week Wayne did a bunch of electrical work in the basement, and ripped up carpet and underlay in both rooms. I filled holes/scratches/dents, washed walls, painted trim well the trim around the windows because all the other trim had to come down, but I'll be painting that when we put it back on. Then yesterday, these people....
Photobucket
came over and this woman...
Photobucket
came over and within 3 hours painted the first coat of my family room ALL by herself (and it's not a little room). I am soooo blessed, she is soooo wonderful and SUCH a great friend. I felt pretty pathetic because all I did was sit on a chair in the room, chat with her, take care of her baby sometimes and watch. (Oh I did do what I do best, I fed everyone as well but while I wasn't cooking I felt really pathetic) She did this as a favor to me knowing that physically I could have done the room (it would have taken me 4 times as long) but I would be REALLY hurting right now. Plus, we've painted together before...
Photobucket
and she painted the 3 green walls while I painted the 1 blue wall....hehe...she likes me keeping her company MUCH better than me "helping" her. I think it's like when your kids want to help you and you KNOW it will just be easier to do it yourself...ya... she likes me sitting on the chair...hehe.
Mark and Wayne put together our new BBQ (which I am SOOO happy about) and dealt with our 3 boys.

Then again today Mark & Jen came over again and Jen painted the 2nd coat in 2 hours.

I HATE asking people for help, but Jen didn't even give me a chance to ask...she knew we wanted it done, she asked me what weekend would work for us and she showed up ready to go. I wish there were some way that I could say THANKYOU and I know that we will have the opportunity to pay them back, but I REALLY am soooo grateful for having such WONDERFUL friends who love us enough to help us.

So Mark and Jen.... Thankyou!!! Thanks for giving up your weekend and spending it with us, working. Thanks for being SUCH wonderful people that we have fallen in love with. Thanks for loving us and putting up with all our "differences". Thanks for being SOOO great and helping us make our house more of a home!!! We REALLY do love you both!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not sure that being 8 months pregnant was the excuse for not lifting heavy things, princess. he, he.
Jen and Mark are awesome friends, we are so lucky to have them in our family.
Luv ya,
Mum

Jackie S. said...

Well I didn't want to break a nail...hehe. :)

Anonymous said...

We love you guys too. That is why it is easy to help. :)
You made me cry by the way...thank you for expressing yourself so well.
Jenn

Barb said...

Sign of a true friend....you are blessed!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...