Thursday, April 9, 2009

What a sight that would be...

Many of you may know that I drive a school bus...it's been a GREAT job for me for the last few years and has allowed me to stay home with Nate. Well today I decided to take the bus to the compound (a gated area that drivers park their bus in if they don't keep them at their house) so that the bus wouldn't be stuck in front of our house over the Easter break. I was told that the compound would be locked up at 5:00 and so I arrived at 4:40. I drove into the compound, parked, and Nate and I started to walk to the front gate when I saw a car driving away.... ummm... there in front of me was a LOCKED gate!!!

I stood there in shock not sure what to do and then I quickly scanned the gated area to see if there was ANYWHERE that I could squeeze out of...HAHAHA, I quickly remembered that I was 8 months pregnant and squeezing is NOT in my vocabulary right now. :)

Luckily, I had just called my boss a few hours earlier on my cell phone and so I had his phone number.. "Hi Grant, this is Jackie S., ummm... I am locked in the compound!!"
Grant- "You're locked WHERE?"
Me- "In the compound..."
Grant-"How did you do that?"
Me- "Well, I didn't lock myself in here!!!(giggle) I got here....blah, blah, blah..."
Grant- "Oh ...... Umm... well there are spare keys (insert location here) that should open the lock."
Me-"I'll go check and call you back."

Waddle, Waddle, Waddle to said location.
I got the 2 pairs of spare keys and tried...of course (my luck) none of the keys worked.

Me-"Hi Grant"
Grant- "You got out?" At this point I was starting to feel like I was in jail or something.
Me- "No, none of the keys worked."
Grant-"Well I am in Saskatoon and almost home so if traffic is okay I should be there in maybe 30-40 minutes"
Me-**thinking**.... I NEED TO PEE!!! 30-40 minutes.... ahhhhh... I can't go 10 minutes without needing to use the potty. The chainlink fence isn't that high.. I could scale it... oh wait... I'M PREGNANT, nevermind!!!!
Me-"Umm...okay, but please hurry because... well please hurry."

I then called Wayne who told me he was going to bring the bolt cutters and break me out...hehe.. MY HERO!!! :)

Luckily I had brought a toque for Nate because the wind was quite chilly, so I threw that on him and told him to chase the flying leafs which he REALLY enjoyed.

A few minutes after our last phone conversation I had a lightbulb moment.

Me-"Hi Grant."
Grant-"Hi Jackie"
Me-"Is there anyone that lives in Warman that might have a key?"
Grant-"Let me call you back, I'll see."

Not even a minute later my phone rang.

Grant(relieved sounding)-"Hi Jackie"
Me- "Hi Grant"
Grant-"I found someone and they will be there in 5 minutes."
Me & my bladder- "Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou!!!!"

The man showed up, opened the gate, teased me about getting locked inside, visited for a few minutes and then left. Shortly after Wayne arrived to pick us up and all was good again.

But wouldn't that have been a sight watching me and my big belly climbing over the fence..haha.. or even better me doing the BEST pee-pee dance ever while waiting for someone to show up.

6 comments:

Barb said...

Oh, Jackie, poor you! How did you even last 10 minutes before the pee? Baby-boos just love bladders!

Maja said...

That is the funniest story! So glad you weren't locked in all weekend! It reminds me of an episode of "The Office" but no one was 8 moths pregnant. It would have been way funnier if there was... scaling a fence... hilarious!!

Debbie Jo said...

HAHA, oh Jackie, that totally made my day! I'm so glad that those weird, freaky things happen to other people too!! That sort of thing happens to me all the time! When I'm THAT pregnant, I don't care too much if I have to pee in a corner (where no one can see me of course), because there's no way I'm going to pee my pants. HAHA. Thanks for the good chuckle.

Anonymous said...

Only you!!!!
Luv ya,
Mum

Jackie S. said...

Well I'm glad you all had a good laugh!!! And yes Mom...only me!!! :)

Christal said...

oh you poor girl what luck eh!! Glad you made it out of the compound! Sounds like life is never dull eh always something happening you are so fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...