Saturday, February 20, 2010

He is learning something.

Last night Nathan and I (well Rylan too) were in Walmart looking for a few things. I don't know if it's any other kids, but Nathan does not ever pay attention to where he's going....it's SOOO frustrating. I am constantly pulling him out of oncoming people "traffic", or people are jumping around him, he just is so in his own little world that he doesn't see them or doesn't care.

As we were walking down one of the aisles I was busy trying to sit up Rylan in the cart and Nate was walking beside me. We passed a lady and then Nathan said "Oh, I'm sorry." I looked down and he said to me "I bumped into her, but I said I'm sorry." The lady gave me a sweet smile (one of those smiles when she knows that I've worked so hard for Nathan to be polite, you're a good Mom smile) and walked away. I said "Good Job Bud." and we walked away.

It felt good to see Nathan reacting in such a polite way. We work so hard with him to say Thankyou, Please, I'm sorry etc. and in these moments when I don't have to direct him it feels wonderful to see that he is really absorbing it.

Good Job Buddy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...