Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My first quilt.

So my BF Jenn asked me to make her sweet little guy, Kaleb, a quilt. After MANY, MANY fabric choices we finally narrowed it down... but one of the fabrics was sold out in multiple online stores. I finally got everything ordered and quickly put it all together.

It was soooo fun taking my new sewing machine on it's first adventure..isn't she pretty?!?
Photobucket

It's so nice not having to stop sewing, rethread, try to figure out what's wrong, get mad, and then start all over again. Thankyou Charlene for getting me started on getting the machine I love!!!

I forgot how hard it really is to get anything extra done with a little baby around, especially with Rylan just learning to crawl. The funny little guy thought it was SOOOO fun to crawl between the table legs and push on the footpedal...so there I was sewing at a nice pace and ZZZOOOOOMMMMMM off I'd go with the help of my little man..hehe.

I finally got the quilt done and I'm pretty excited about it. I get pretty anal with crafty things and want them to be PERFECT so I am glad it's over with. But I wanted to share with you my first (of hopefully many) quilts.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Now I need to get Rylan's quilt done.

6 comments:

the Woods said...

loove the quilt, and love the fabric. Nice work! I may have to take lessons from you, cause you have some skills. And yes, the video is working on your blog, and the last vid was so hilarious!

Vanessa said...

Looks great!!

Christal said...

that looks perfect love it!!

missLaura said...

Seriously talented Jackie! I love that quilt, the colors are awesome!

Fieguth's said...

it turned out great!! I'm sure Jen Loves it

Heather said...

Jackie! your quilt is adorable and that quilting is gorgeous!!! IS that machine quilted or is that the one you did by hand?? So cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...